We’re happy to announce that we’re ready for new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law, which goes into effect on May 25, 2018.
Sidekick has always been committed to the data privacy of its customers. We firmly believe this is an essential piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union.
We want to share with you some of the actions that we’ve taken to be compliant with the law:
- We’ve reviewed our data inventory to make sure we collect the minimum amount of personal data to run our business.
- We’ve reviewed and updated our security standards and ensured they are applied and meet the GDPR requirements.
- We will obtain assurances that all third-party service providers will safeguard your personal data in accordance with this policy and the European privacy laws.
At Sidekick we’re not only committed to complying with GDPR but also aware that you will need to comply if you’re a business in the EU. We offer the following tools to help you with that:
- You can anytime modify, export or delete any record from the database using the available endpoints. If you have trouble with this, contact email@example.com
- You can permanently delete the content of a database by contacting us, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re going to very soon release a soft-delete feature for providing a clear and transparent policy on permanent deletion of backups and datasets.
- You can export complete datasets by contacting us and we’ll be happy to facilitate the request. We will be offering this ability in a future software release to allow self-export of data as it pertains to you, the individual.
We hope this makes your use of Sidekick and the transition to GDPR much easier. Our customer support team will be happy to help you out with any GDPR or data security questions.
Founder of Sidekick